You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!
Post subject: The New Tiger Room Style Napoleon's Battle System (WIP)
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:59 am
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:42 am Posts: 3828
The New Tiger Room Style Napoleon's Battle System: 1. The Umpire's decision is the final and sometimes the Umpire will not fully follow the rulebook. The Umpire will stop you from doing some legal move and/or compel you to do certain move, etc. 2. Just like Hermann said, treat this game as role-playing. 3. The motive of these Umpire's intervention is to make the game more enjoying to BOTH sides. 4. Especially to stop an experienced player to take advantage of his knowledge on the rulebook to prey on his less experienced opponent. 5. You can say that it may stop me to win the game outright as I want to fully exploit the loopholes of the rulebook and/or the scenario. 6. If you want to have competitive play, don't play our New Style NB game.
House rules added to 2nd Edition NB 1. when a combat unit (infanty,cavalry) passes through a friendly combat unit. The moving unit will now pay a movement cost as if passing through rough terrain for whatever depth of the unit they pass through.
2. General Fire modifier on BUAs: In order to inflict a casualty on a unit in a BUA you must double their roll, both for Artillery and combat units. This will make it much harder to dislodge a unit without assaulting the area.
3. Fighting in Build up Areas: Infantry units fighting over an area will fight with their line combat modifiers, both attacker and defender. A unit deployed in a town must be doubled in order to have a casualty inflicted.
4. Should rout unit rout off table, they can still be rallied by attaching a general with them. They return to table at where they have left off the table when they are rallied and become good order after the usual one turn delay to remove disorder.
_____________________________________________________________ NB scenarios played so far using the above new system:
For Ligny, you need the following Prussians 1 Overall Commanders, 3 Corp Commanders, 15 Division Commanders, 616 Foot (154 Bases of 4) 116 Cav (29 Bases of 4) 16 guns and crews
i.e. Still need 26 bases of 4 Landwehr Infantry.
But Hermann has 43 Bases of Prussian Infantries!
2. French Foot Old and Middle Guard Infantry: 29 Bases of 4 Young Guard Infantry: 32 Bases of 4 Line Infantry: 119 Bases of 4 Light Infantry: 31 Bases of 4
Mounted Guard Heavy Cavalry: 5 Bases of 4 Guard Dragoon: 3 Bases of 4 Guard Light Cavalry: 8 Bases of 4 Young Guard Cavalry: 5 Bases of 4 Polish Lancers: 9 Bases of 4 Cuirrassiers and Carabiniers: 16.5 Bases of 4 Dragoons: 13.5 Bases of 4 Hussars and Chasseurs: 17 Bases of 4
3. French Allies Wurtemberg Line Infantry: 6 bases of 4 Polish Line Infantry: 28 bases of 4 Saxony Line Infantry: 12 Bases of 4 Saxony Light Infantry: 6 Bases of 4 Italian Line Infantry (including Guards): 23 Bases of 4 Polish Artillery: 2 Foot, 3 Horses
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum