The Hong Kong Society of Wargamers Forum

HKSW Forums
 Calendar •  FAQ •  Search •  Register •  Login 
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:34 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Welcome
Welcome to hksw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: X-wing Miniatures
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:42 pm 

Hi, I stumbled across this page when googling for X-wing Miniatures in Hong Kong

On a recent trip abroad I was introduced to X-Wing miniatures and liking the concept I bought quite a number of ships. Now I am back in HK and am looking for people to play against. Does your society play this game on a (regular) basis. How should I go about playing the game and finding players in HK. Any tips would be very welcome

Report this post

Post subject: Re: X-wing Miniatures
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:05 pm 

Hi,

We do play X-Wing but not in a regular basis. We now mostly play Imperial Assault but I am planning to play X-Wing at the coming HKSW meeting on 18/3. You are welcome to join us. You can find players in here but a more effective way is to join the following X-Wing group in facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/545020352323572/

If you join this group then we can communicate with each other using Messenger group chat. If is more effective than in posting message in here.

James

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:34 pm 

Thanks for posting the link James. I just applied to join the group. Would love to join you on the 18th. Just bought a decent collection of Rebel/Empire miniatures from Magic Madhouse (they seemed to offer best shipping rates) and eager to start flying them as opposed to just watching youtube videos of other people play.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:44 pm 

Hi James,

Im an idiot in using Facebook. I have it and joined the group but no clue how to sent messages. Are you still planning on playing some X-wing on the 18th? If so I love to join.

Cheers,
Jeroen

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:48 pm 

Dear Jerone,

Originally I am planning to organize a X-Wing event on 18/3 but due to family matter I am unable to attend the coming meeting. I am sorry I cannot play X-wing with you at the moment. However, I have noticed that you have already join the facebook X-Wing group. I will add you to my X-wing contact group so that we can communicate with other and organize X-Wing event more easily in the future.

I have noticed that you have installed Facebook Messenger and thus just stay tuned for any new event. There will be another meeting on 25/3 and my family matter should already be settled and thus would you want to play X-Wing on the next meeting at 25/3?

James

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:11 am 

James, Thank you for messaging me yesterday and adding me to the Facebook Group. Will try to figure out how to sent group messages using the app.

Would love to play X-wing on the 25th and would be honoured to join your meeting then. Also open to playing other games just dont know any of the other games that the society seems to be playing.

Got a decent collection of Xwing now, just received a new shipment yesterday and have most Rebel and Empire ships now except for the huge ships. Didnt see a point in adding the imperial raider to my lineup with the recent changes to the Emperor Palpatine card.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:14 am 

Dear Jeroen,

What fraction you are going to use at the coming meeting?

James

Report this post